Wednesday 8 October 2014

Mother And Child

Mother And Child
Collage On Paper
11.75 x 16.5"
     I'm always looking for new techniques to try with my art and I don't know why I didn't think of collage sooner. I saw a Matisse documentary on television not long ago and was inspired to work with paper as well. As you know I already make papercutting's but this is a little more chaotic. Its actually like being a child again, cutting and sticking and it feels raw.
     So here is my first attempt. I was trying to get a more realistic interpretation but decide against this as the nature of the paper meant it would always be imperfect anyway. After all why would I try to hide the medium I was using when it was an integral part of the work.
     I already have another one planned but it will have a sci-fi twist. So keep watching this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment