Wednesday 29 October 2014

Charcoal Self Portrait II

Charcoal Self Portrait II
Charcoal On Watercolour Paper
16.9 x 12.6"
     As I mentioned in my previous post I am working on portraits and people right now. I will be doing several self portraits as well as works featuring family and friends as they are the people I have easiest access to. So here's another charcoal self portrait. This time of my face just to see if I could capture my likeness.
     I was quite happy how this one turned out and it does look like me. Its interesting when you have to examine yourself close up, all the lumps and bumps and curves that make up you. Its almost a spiritual experience or a frightening one. Anyway I now feel more confident about my portrait work so expect to see the results of this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment