Wednesday 23 July 2014

Tortoise

Tortoise
Acrylic On Canvas
22 x 16"

     I have noticed it is taking me longer to complete paintings compared to a year ago. I’m not worried about this though as I know its because I have improved a lot over the last few years and with this I strive to put more into my work. But the better I get the higher my expectations are of myself and so often I am frustrated with the results.
     These feelings are a natural part of the creative process though and I do love creating art. It is both a joy and a source of anxiety for me but I continue onwards with the hope one day someone else might understand this too.
     Now this painting is complete it’s back to buildings again. But as I have said before, sometimes its nice to paint something a little different and test myself. Variety is always a nice thing too and shows how versatile I can be. That shell was a nightmare to paint by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment