Thursday 3 July 2014

The Deep

The Deep
Acrylic On Canvas
20 x 30"
     An interesting piece of architecture and very relevant to what is found inside. The Deep in Hull is a submarium and I visited it for the first time this year after picking up my rejected work from the Ferens galley. I thought it would make an interesting painting, especially with the falloff of light on its angular surfaces.
      I struggled with the proportions on this one though and it took me a lot longer to complete than anything else I have done but I wanted it to be right. I try and be as accurate with my depictions of famous buildings as possible but I am not a master and there will always be inconsistencies that I will have to live with. I try not to dwell on mistakes though and so its onwards with the next painting because that's the only way I will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment