Thursday 17 July 2014

Grazing Sheep

Grazing Sheep
Papercutting
11.75 x 16.5"
     A new art form I have decided to try my hand at is papercutting. After watching a documentary about women artists on the BBC I saw the possibilities that were available with this medium. It's something I have never considered before but after trying it I was impressed by what could be achieved.
     So here is my first of hopefully many papercuttings. Since I'm working on artwork that include sheep right now this proved to be the perfect subject and one that allowed me to show what I could do. Though a simple image it's quite a powerful one using strong light and shadow to reveal form. It took quite a while to cut out the fur but the end result was worth the effort. I'm now working on my next one which is of a pigeon so stay tuned to see how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment