Tuesday 24 June 2014

Monotype Prints

Eating Carrots
Monotype On Paper
11 x 8"
Apples
Monotype On Paper
11.7 x 8.3"

Eating Seed
Monotype On Paper
11.7 x 8.3"
     A little while ago I bought a small etching press with the intention of creating some intaglio prints. Before that though I wanted to get used to using the equipment and I had read about monotypes as an easy way of producing one off prints. So here are my efforts at producing some nice little pieces of art.
     I enjoyed the ease at which monotypes can be created so much that I will be making some more in the near future. I will be experimenting with the technique too and seeing what interesting pictures I can create.
     Making prints is a really rewarding experience and the anticipation you feel as you turn the handle of the press and then peel back the paper to see the results is quite exciting. I hope when I have become confident with monotypes I can move on to intaglio prints and see where that takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment