Monday 2 June 2014

Capricorn

Capricorn
Acrylic On Canvas Paper
13.6 x 19.5"
     I often struggle to get the photo's I take of my artwork to match the quality of the piece itself. Since I have found this an impossible task I have to always make the best choices I can when editing the colours in photoshop. Sometimes I get lucky and its an easy fix but as with this one it was a struggle to make the painting look presentable on screen. Its just one of the many annoyances of the traditional process.
     Anyway as for the painting itself. On a trip to Goole to see a fellow New Fringe members work I came across this abandoned restaurant and the central Capricorn figure mounted on the wall proved too irresistible to paint. I often look for what I like to call a 'hook' when searching for things to paint. Something that makes the thing stand out and here is a perfect example of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment