Saturday 9 November 2013

When It's Not Working

Guilt Engine
Acrylic On Canvas
24 x 30"
Guilt Engines
Acrylic On Canvas
24 x 30"
     That painting above is now the one below. I have been unhappy with my way of painting for a while now and realised I had strayed too far away from what I originally intended. I wanted to mix the abstract and the figurative together but my last several efforts have left me frustrated with what I had accomplished. The problem really was that I was treating the abstract and figurative elements as separate parts of the image. This proved unnatural and jarring so I resolved to blend the two together in a more natural way. With this image and "All We Make Now Are Memories" I hope to correct the problem.
     I think its important to identify problems with your work and be honest if its not working. I hope to keep learning and evolving in this way and never become complacent with what I create. We really do learn more from our failures than our successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment